Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vintage, Rigid, and Dirt Drops

Yay for vintage leisure time!  I was able to escape for a nice relaxing mountain bike ride on local trails with one of my favorite "tanks" this past weekend. I brought out my old fillet brazed Fisher Mt Tam fitted with WTB drop bars and Suntour Barcon shifters.  I'm talkin' old school fully rigid, friction shifting and biopace chainrings -- It's awesome!

Solo, with no where to be, and no particular direction in mind -- one of my favorite ways to start the day.

I launched from the little nature preserve park of Sycamore Grove operated by the city of Livermore, then transitioned into the East Bay Regional Park of Del Valle.

It was a great day out on the trail.


On the way back, I hit a couple of the steep hills with Strava segments. I was feeling pretty good and thought I might try for a new PR. Sadly, when the ride was loaded, I had to settle for a new 3rd best time. I really thought I had it!

Here's the ol' rig





It was a great little 3 hour escape.

I'm kinda hooked on riding the dirt drops lately. I have another dirt drop bike in the works that I'm excited about. Looking forward to riding that beast the next time I can break away.

No comments:

Post a Comment