Sunday, October 6, 2013

Tour De Fuzz (2013)

Another great Tour De Fuzz!
This year, I got my buddy Johnny to join me. He and I rode this together in 2011 for the first time. I did it solo in 2012. And this year, Johnny was back for 2013.

Last year they added an optional timed hill climb feature for the climb up the Geysers. It's optional to participate. If you look at the ride on Strava, the section is labeled "Skipstone". It's a 4-mile climb at 8.5% grade. It begins about 19 miles into the century. A good way to get yourself cooked and leave another 75 miles to finish the ride! Link to results.

Some views from the climb up Geysers


Here's a link to the route





Beyond the great route, I have to sadly admit, my favorite part part of this century is the food! The past two years, they've thrown down with some awesome barbequed pork for the after-ride meal! Pig! What else would the 'Fuzz' serve, right?! And they don't skimp. They're not anal about collecting tickets and rationing out your serving. If you want more, go get it. Along with the pulled pork, they had healthy vegetables, coleslaw, potato salad. You could also have bbq'd chicken (I stuck with the pork though). Same for the beer. It flows like water. No ticket exchange, or counting. You want a beer? Go get it. No big lines. Just what you would want if you just finished 100 miles and were thirsty for a beer.

So, do me a favor, and don't tell anyone about this awesome century 'cuz I don't want it to get all screwed up with too many people signing up and making it difficult for me to get in ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment